The Florissant Planning and Zoning Commission

The planning and zoning commission consists of seven residents of the community and are appointed to the commission by the city council. Membership is voluntary and the members receive no compensation. The commission must have at least one Missouri Registered Civil Engineer or Architect. The commission meets on the first and third Mondays of the Month at 7:00 p.m. in the Florissant Council Chambers. All meetings are open to the public and minutes to all meetings are transcribed. If a meeting night falls on a city holiday the commission usually will met on the Tuesday after the holiday. The commission reviews all petitions for rezoning, subdividing of properties, commercial developments and redevelopment, commercial exterior remodeling, special use permits, planned residential developments, sign special permits and related ordinance changes. For further information on the Planning and Zoning Commission please call the Public Works Office at 314-839-7642.

New Developments and Re-developments

New commercial developments and redevelopments are reviewed by the Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council through a process called a Planned Commercial Development (B5). This process requires submission of preliminary development plans to the Planning and Zoning Commission for review. The Planning and Zoning Commission then makes a recommendation to the City Council. The application for a Planned Commercial Development is submitted to the Public Works Office. The Building Commissioner reviews the application and plans for compliance to city ordinances and may make comments back to the petitioner prior to placing the petition on the Planning and Zoning Commission agenda. If all staff comments are addressed then the petition is placed on the agenda to begin the review process. Packets may be obtained from the Florissant Public Works Office that contain procedures, applications, ordinance sections fee information and checklists. Please call the Building Commissioner at 314-839-7642 for more information.

Exterior Remodeling

Commercial Development and some residential remodeling projects require the review and approval of the Planning and Zoning Commission for compliance with regulations. Submission of an application with nine copies of the construction plans along with a $100 fee for Commercial projects and a $50.00 application fee for Residential Projects may be submitted to the Public Works Office. Also submission of a reduced 8 1/2 inch by 11 inch copy of all plans is required. The Building Commissioner reviews all applications and plans. If all submissions are in order the petitioner will be placed on the next available agenda for review by the Planning and Zoning Commission.