Health Division

Animal Bites

All animal bites should be reported immediately to the St. Louis County Animal Control by calling 314-615-0650 Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., or after hours by calling 636-529-8210. If you are bitten, be sure to get the owner of the animal's name, address, and phone number and report the incident to St. Louis County as soon as possible.

Animal Control

St. Louis County Animal Control:

Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

In accordance with Florissant City Code, all pets (dogs and/or cats) when off the owner's property should be on a leash no more than six feet in length.

To report a problem, call 314-615-0650, Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
After hours and weekends, call the Police Non-Emergency Line at 636-529-8210.

Dog and Cat Tags

City ordinance requires all dogs and cats to have a current pet license issued by the Health Department. These licenses are valid for three years and are at no cost to the resident. They must be worn at all times by the animal. This is an important identification tool, which allows us to find and notify the owner of the animal's whereabouts.

To obtain a license you will need proof that your animal has a valid rabies inoculation. You will need to bring this paperwork to the Health Department between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.

Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off Facility

This is a county wide program where residents can drop off unwanted chemicals and paint to one to two facilities located in St. Louis County (with one located in Florissant!).  For more details visit or call 314-615-8989.


The Health Department sprays the entire City for mosquitoes during the summer season. With the introduction of the West Nile Virus into the St Louis area, it will become even more important to make sure we are working together to help keep the mosquito population down.
Rats and Rodents
If you suspect that you have rats or other vermin on your property, the City will inspect and assist you in eliminating the problem. In most cases, it will be necessary to place poison in the burrows. For this reason, it is required that an adult, over 18 years of age, be home at the time of the inspection. (The City cannot place poison inside the residence.)

For help, call 839-7654, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. to schedule an appointment.


Information about recycling in Florissant

Senior Bus Service

The City schedules and operates two small buses (one ADA accessible) for free in-town transportation needs and two large buses for out-of-town trips.

City of Florissant Bus Reservation Policy for Senior Trips

Florissant Senior Transportation Guidelines

Trash and Litter

We want to keep the City neat and clean. Report any trash, litter and/or debris by calling 314-839-7655.


The City is very concerned about our image and appearance. City ordinances prohibit weeds over 8 inches in height. To report any violations, please call 314-839-7655.