Browse All |  Ask A Question |  By Type |  By Department |  By Category |  By Topic
Results 1-33 of 33
How do I obtain an occupancy permit?
Occupancy permits are issued after a housing inspection has been conducted and approved.
How do I add someone to my occupancy permit?
Please call the Public Works Department at (314) 839-7648 or view the department pages.
How can I get a copy of my occupancy permit?
You can obtain a copy of your occupancy permit at no charge by coming to Public Works, located in the lower level of City Hall, and asking for a copy.
Is a permit required to replace my driveway?
An excavation permit is required if you are replacing the approach area near the street.
How do I get an extension for my Minimum Housing Inspection/Exterior Inspection?
All requests for an extension would need to be in writing and sent to the Public Works Department, the request can be mailed in (955 Rue St. Francois, Florissant, MO 63031) or faxed to the Public Works Department (314-839-7646).
How do I apply for a housing inspection prior to selling my home?
The owner or the owner's agent must complete a form in the Public Works office giving the City Inspector the right to conduct an inspection.
What is the cost of a Minimum Housing Inspection?
Please call the Public Works Department at (314) 839-7648 or view the department pages.
My permit is about to expire, can I get an extension?
An extension for a permit has to have the approval of the Deputy Building Commissioner
How do I get City tags for my pets?
You may receive pet tags at the Health Department in St. Ferdinand Park.
My sewer is backing up in my basement. What do I need to do to fix this problem?
The City of Florissant has a "Sewer Lateral Insurance Program" (SLIP) for which homeowners pay $28.00 on their real estate taxes. The homeowner is responsible for having a plumber try to open the lateral line and if this is successful, the homeowner does not qualify for the program.
Who is the new trash service and do we have to use them?
A 3 year contract has been signed with Meridian for trash service. The new service will be starting Monday, March 30, 2009 and a letter from Meridian will be sent to all residents of Florissant. ALL residents will be required to have trash service through Meridian, you will be billed regardless of signing up for the trash service or not. Our ordinance reads that "Every household must have trash service."
How can my company be added to the bidders list?
To be put on the bidders list please call or fax Purchasing. Click 'View Additional Details' below for the contact information.
Can bids be faxed or e-mailed?
No, all bids MUST be hand delivered or mailed in a sealed envelope clearly displaying the bid number and the time and date of the bid opening.
When are bids due?
The bid documents will always state the date that the bid is due.
Tax Exempt Status
Do not include Federal Excise Tax or Sales and Use Taxes in bid prices, as the City is exempt from them by law.
Are bid openings public?
Yes, all bids are opened and read aloud in the Purchasing Department Conference Room on the date of the opening at 10:00a.m. or 2:00p.m., whichever time is indicated on the bid.
Where do I pay traffic tickets?
The Florissant Municipal Court is located in the Florissant Government Annex Building at 1055 St. Francois Street, at the corner of New Florissant Rd.
How do I post bond for someone who has been arrested?
If you wish to post a bond for some being held at the Florissant Police Department on a Florissant municipal charge, you will need your identification as the surety, and either cash or a money order in the amount of the bond.
How do I obtain a Record Check?
Because the Florissant Police Department is only allowed to release information about arrests or conviction on cases originating in Florissant, you must request area wide record checks from the St. Louis County Police Department by appearing in person at 7900 Forsyth Blvd., Clayton, MO.
How do I obtain an order of Protection?
You can seek a court order of protection against the person who is abusing your or a dependent child if the following conditions are met (under Additional Details).
What time is curfew for juveniles?
Juveniles under age of 17 are not allowed to be out between the hours on 11:00 pm and 5:00 am Sunday through Thursday, and between midnight and 5:00 am on Friday and Saturday nights.
What is Neighborhood Watch?
Neighborhood Watch instills a greater sense of security and well being by bringing law enforcement and the community together as a team.
Don't you have anything better to do than write speeding tickets?
As a matter of fact, traffic related complaints, including speeding, are year after year the number one complaint of Florissant residents.
I received a telephone solicitation from a caller representing the Police. Was the caller legitimate?
The Florissant Police Department does not solicit contributions for the department or it's officers and we do not condone this activity.
Who do I call if regarding Utility Outages?
What is a Law Enforcement Explorer?
Law Enforcement Explorer posts help youth to gain insight into a variety of programs that offer hands-on career activities.
Who can be a Law Enforcement Explorer?
Law Enforcement Exploring is a worksite-based program for young men and women who have completed the eighth grade and are 14 years of age, or are 15 years of age but have not yet reached their 21st birthday.
What will the program do for me?
For young men and women who are interested in careers in the field of law enforcement, Exploring can offer experiential learning with lots of fun-filled, hands-on activities that promote the growth and development of adolescent youth.
Why should I become Law Enforcement Explorer?
As an Explorer, young adults have the opportunity to assist the Florissant Police Department. Explorers can broaden their understanding and firsthand knowledge of the challenges and job skills that make up their community's police service.
What other training will I receive as an Explorer?
Radio Communication Skills, Traffic Control, Constitutional Law, Arrest Procedures, Self-Defense, First-Aid and CPR Training
How do I get started?
The Florissant Police Department's Explorer Post 9799 meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month at the police department at 7:00 PM.
Who do I contact?
Contact the Police Advisor for the program at the Florissant Police Department at 314-831-7000.
If I became a Florissant Law Enforcement Explorer, what activities will I get involved with?
National Law Enforcement Explorer Conference, Explorer Academy, Valley of Flowers, Taste of North County, Fall Festival, Veterans Parade, Ride-a-Long Program, July 4th Festival, D.A.R.E. Dance, Project Liftoff and Christmas Parade
Results 1-33 of 33